Compiling LemmaGen on Linux

I recently ran into a few problems compiling LemmaGen v2.2 (C++) on my linux machine. Turns out, it was a bunch of simple fixes, so I made a patch file. I’ve sent word to the project maintainer, but haven’t heard anything as of yet. So, in the mean time, I’ll post it here:

https://gist.github.com/brendan-w/8e6fea224f3df67beb41

To apply the patch, go to the project’s root directory, and run:
$ patch -p1 < [path_to_patch_file]

Summary:

  • Missing a few includes for C functions (such as cstring, and climits)
  • Fixed the case on InterXVal files (windows ignores filename case, but linux does not)
  • (RAND_MAX + 1) caused an overflow, using plain RAND_MAX instead
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s